Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ShiftN for automatic correction of converging lines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: ShiftN for automatic correction of converging lines Reply with quote

See http://www.shiftn.de/

This is a self-explaining freeware (also in english) for automatic correction of converging lines. See website for examples. It's easy to use and I've made fascinating experiences with it.

Michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find ! Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Sample for shiftN Reply with quote

Taken with Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 4/20mm lens+Olympus E-1.

Raw shoot.

After automatically processed by ShiftN.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to work great, just like if it was hand-made!

BTW Attila's image is a bit overcorrected on the right, because probably the software found it easier to correct the left line as closer to the edge. But the problem is because Attila did not shoot the image in perfect axis alignment with the centre.
Note however the total absence of geometrical distortion (barrel/pincushion) in the image. This is the Flek 4/20!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The software is very clever, but to my professional eye the building has lost its slender proportions. It looks squat and ugly to me.

A degree of convergence is more pleasing to the eye than truly vertical lines. I would love to see how the program would handle a 100-storey skyscraper!