Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

She's back!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: She's back! Reply with quote

Some years ago, I had just discovered the excellent quality and the amazing character of old Nikkor glass - at that time most of us were using Canon EOS DSLRs to adapt manual lenses - I had a nice set of pre-AI Nikkors which I loved on my 350D: 24, 35, 55, 85, 135mm.
But for whatever reason I sold the 2/35 and the 3.5/135. I even can't remember why I did that. The 135 wasn't missed much - I've always had several decent 135mm lenses, just like most of us - but the Nikkor-O 2.0/35 was a lens that I have regretted to have sold ever since.

How many times have I had such a lens on my observing list in EBAY since than. But they either were too ugly or way too expensive to come back to my home.

Until yesterday. It was Solms camera fair again and although I'm suffering from a sore throat and a bronchitis at the moment, I decided to go, mainly to meet some really nice guys who are always there and to chat with them about cameras, lenses etc.

Yes, it's always a bit like a dream place when you're walking around there. Wink

There was one seller, a really reliable one, from whom I have bought things at former fairs, had a Minolta X-E1 with a nice 1.4/58 on the offer for just €70,- as a set. Very tempting. But I decided not to go for it and against starting another system.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I found something, two things to be precise.
A Leica-friend of mine, who has a seller's table at every Solms fair, offered me a Nikkormat FT2 in very nice, fully working condition for a price I could not let pass.

And when I saw a Nikkor-O.C 2.0/35 (Ai'd) with smooth focus and pristine lenses on the table of that very same seller that also offered the X-E1, I started to bargain a little. Well, all this ended with me buying a beautiful Nikon-Set that fits great to the F and F3 HP (and the Df) I have here in my study, doesn't it?

So, the 2/35 Nikkor is back with me again! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

(BTW, the photo from the fair were shot with that 35mil on my Nikon Df.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: She's back! Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

Until yesterday. It was Solms camera fair again and although I'm suffering from a sore throat and a bronchitis at the moment, I decided to go, mainly to meet some really nice guys who are always there and to chat with them about cameras, lenses etc.

Funny, looks exactly like the camera fair I went to in Ft. Washington (Philadelphia). Even the people...
Good luck with your new finds.
Pete

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much was that Agfa Selectronic 3 in photo #3?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! I would love to attend a camera fair at some point.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete wrote:

Funny, looks exactly like the camera fair I went to in Ft. Washington (Philadelphia). Even the people...
Good luck with your new finds.
Pete

LOL. That doesn't surprise me. Wink

kansalliskala wrote:
How much was that Agfa Selectronic 3 in photo #3?

I don't know. I have not asked about many prices.

JJB wrote:
Congratulations! I would love to attend a camera fair at some point.

You definitely should!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: She's back! Reply with quote

Pete wrote:

Laughing Laughing