Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Set of Contax focusing screens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Set of Contax focusing screens Reply with quote

Last SUnday I bought a set of never used Contax focusing screens: 3 for 30 Euros (10 Euros each)

The good news is that they are new indeed and quite useful (acrhitectural grid, microprism, split screen).

The bad news is that no, they don't mount on the 5D Sad
Which is too bad, because they are super bright.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they to big or too small?

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too big I guess.
Apparently, they look like the same size, but the "door" does not close with the Contax screen inside.

Another factor might be that the plastic "handle" is not in the same position.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you could modify them.
Try on the one you have the least interest in.
They should sand or file quite easily.
I think if you cover them with matte scotch tape (office tape) before it will keep them safe.
Maybe test first on the one you have the least interest in in case of failure Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Sounds like you could modify them.
Try on the one you have the least interest in.
They should sand or file quite easily.
I think if you cover them with matte scotch tape (office tape) before it will keep them safe.
Maybe test first on the one you have the least interest in in case of failure Smile

yeah... why not?
I now regret not to have gotten more. There were about 10 of them (but the other ones were used or priced higher).

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I've got that broken Spotmatic and extracted the screen for you but it won't be possible to install it in your dslr ... it comes in 2 parts and has a variable thickness ... weird thing.

I think I already pointed you to this blog : http://yipal.blogspot.com/2008/10/fitting-k3-focus-screen-to-d70s.html.

Unless you have two left-hands (which would be good if it happened to me as I'm left-handed Wink), it doesn't seems to be that difficult to adapt.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, thanks.
In my case, the difference in size is minimal, so I won't have to cut anything, just sandpaper.
It's a good project! But for the moment, I'll keep the current screen since it's focusing correctly again, and I am afraid to mess it up again Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They Work! Very Happy

I robbed the screen out of a dead beyond repair RTS that I have.
Sanded off the tab, The screen drops right in. Focus is spot no wiggle room like the AF confirm blip!

I'm stoked Very Happy
My 5D is now like focusing an RTS.

Next is a mount conversion to C/Y native on the body Laughing

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! Thank you.

F16SUNSHINE wrote:

Oh yeah, that would be cool. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
They Work! Very Happy

I robbed the screen out of a dead beyond repair RTS that I have.
Sanded off the tab, The screen drops right in. Focus is spot no wiggle room like the AF confirm blip!

I'm stoked Very Happy
My 5D is now like focusing an RTS.

That's cool to know Shocked

I have a spare split screen for my RTSII, bought it from keh but then realized that the original screen i have is easier to use.

So, now i need to buy a 5d Razz