Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[Series preview] My Homeland Countryside
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: [Series preview] My Homeland Countryside Reply with quote

I have decided to make a series of pictures dedicated to my homeland countryside.
Here I would like to present to you a few preview images.

about the format, I'm sorry, I tried to get used to the new 900 pixels limitation, but I ultimately find that it kills my images. Maybe it's because I use a huge screen resolution (1600 pixels wide), but I can not get any impact out of the 900 pixels.
So from now on, except for a few cases, I will not embed images anymore but post thumbnails only. I know it's not comfortable the same, but it's the only way to go. I plan to make all my screen images (for the important images) 1152 pixels wide. When used with a minimal interface, such as the one that I use for my galleries, it will allow viewing also on a 1280 screen resolution computer.
If there is request enough (but I doubt, I am not Helmut Newton Laughing ), I may then create a lower res gallery at 950 pixels wide.

Ok enough talk, here's the previews. All these images have been taken with Leica lenses, the Elmarit-R 35 (one of my absolute favorite lenses), and the Elmarit-R 135:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very pastoral. The wheat field(?) is reminiscent of that scene in Gladiator
where he's walking through the field running his hand through the tops of
the wheat.

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic pictures, Orio. Think I see prominent 3-D in them.

Thanks

Nipon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Actually, it does not look that different from some places in Germany, not very far from where we live.

This is a very good idea to shoot some photos of your home landscape.

BTW, you've some spots on your sensor, my friend (see pic 2)!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like number three reminds me of an impressionists painting.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent idea you have beautiful environment!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both number 3 and 4.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Very nice! Actually, it does not look that different from some places in Germany, not very far from where we live.

Yes, the plains in Northern Italy and Southern Germany have a very similar look, I know because I have been through Germany twice with the train.

Here on the hills it becomes a bit different however, because especially on the southern sides of mountains, we have some quite "dry" landscape (I'd say semi-arid but it's perhaps too much) that I haven't seen in Germany, which looks more or less uniformly green, for what I could see.

LucisPictor wrote:
BTW, you've some spots on your sensor, my friend (see pic 2)!

I know. Sad
I don't have the tools for sensor cleaning yet. I was spoiled by the 400D and it's sensor shaker, which is worth the price of camera alone.