Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Series E primes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Series E primes Reply with quote

Well, nothing exactic over here. These are my Series E primes. The only one is missing is the 28, which I don't have...
Because the main purpose was to be cheap the build quality isn't the best, but the operational felling is better than I thought to be, and the optics are really nice.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look to be in excellent condition.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my 100/2.8. It is so compact, quick to focus, and sharp as a tack. I had the 28mm but ended up selling it as I never used it. The 100/2.8 makes a great macro lens when coupled with a Vivitar 2x Macro TC. Won't go quite to 1:1 but very close. I also have the 105/2.5 AI and I prefer the 100/2.8E.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
They look to be in excellent condition.

Except the 100/2.8, which has some paint loss on the writings, the others are in very good shape.

Ray Parkhurst wrote:
I love my 100/2.8. It is so compact, quick to focus, and sharp as a tack. I had the 28mm but ended up selling it as I never used it. The 100/2.8 makes a great macro lens when coupled with a Vivitar 2x Macro TC. Won't go quite to 1:1 but very close. I also have the 105/2.5 AI and I prefer the 100/2.8E.

It's interesting you say that, because I ended up searching a lot of times for a nikkor 105/2.5, which seems to be one of the best MF Nikkors, but never bought one.
Until there my 100/2.8 E, which I like a lot, will do the job perfectly.

Last edited by flaviomaia on Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:55 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are lovely lenses! I have the 28mm but am missing the 135mm in my collection Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful pictures and lenses!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Wife has a 105mm f2.5 AL Nikkor for her FE we got from a Widow Lady years ago and that lens is not as good as my 1973 bought 105mm f2.8 SMC Takumar for my PENTAX -- it seems to suffer from 'back -focus'.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Beautiful pictures and lenses!

Thank you Very Happy

!Karen wrote:
These are lovely lenses! I have the 28mm but am missing the 135mm in my collection Smile

The 28mm seems to be a mixed bag of opinions. I've read somewhere it is the worst series E prime, but also saw very good images taken with it in this forum.
How do you describe its performance?