Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sensor Flare
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Sensor Flare Reply with quote

Hi all,

One thing that could make some bad surprise on digital cameras versus film under some circumstances is the fact that the sensor is covered by a piece of glass and thus, it can reflect part of the light from the lens to the lens back element then to the sensor... creating a flare.

Here is a PBase gallery showing this effect with several lenses and the way to let it appears :

http://www.pbase.com/pganzel/ccd_lens_flare_testing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also a theory about light passing in through the viewfinder having a similar effect. I can never tell whether it is the reflected internal light, vf light or simple flare on the lens.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the time, your eye stop the light to enter thru the viewfinder when you take a pic; also Canon include a viewfinder cap, attached to the main camera strap, for long time exposures or bad behavioir may occur with light metering. All those things make your theorie true...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanging your lenscap over the viewfinder works well for me (once I've remembered which pocket I put it in).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seymore

Yes I have it, I just forget to use it!

Richard_D

Good idea. thanks

patrickh