Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Seeking help to CLA legacy lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Seeking help to CLA legacy lenses Reply with quote

Hi member,

I received the 2 lenses for my Werra Matic which unfortunately had haze in its internal elements.

As in my area there is not much appreciation for such legacy lenses I have to CLA them myself.

I seek your feedback and assistance on how to do this job.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can we start ? Its a big subject. Somebody could write a book on lens repair.

Best to start by posting good sharp close-up pictures of the lens so we can see whats wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you are right.

I am attaching 3 pictures and is my first time at this.

2 pictures to show front and rear outer lens and the other with a light source to show the haze I see.

The Cardinar is also of similar condition.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kiynook
I have moved your post to the right section...I hope you can get the help you need Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More pictures would help.

Something a little less close-up so we can see more of the structure of the lens.

Where does the haze seem to be ? Behind the front element ? the rear element ? Deep inside ?

One thing you can try to start would be to unscrew the retaining ring on the rear element you are showing there. It looks like a simple lens spanner (or a compass) can remove the retaining ring. You can probably remove one or more of the rear elements after you unscrew that.