Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Seathwaite, Cumbria, UK
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Seathwaite, Cumbria, UK Reply with quote

NEX-3 with Hexanon 2.8/24, a pair of ND4 filers and a CPL. Second one is three shots stitched.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pleasant scenes, Ian, look like menthol cigarette ads from the 60's. Wink

And I can learn how to forge your name, too, though thinking of what benefit that
would be...Smile

Envy you that Hex 24, send it to me now! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the second because it's deeper than the first. I also like that image better than the third. It's just a more creative angle. The second is a bit more dynamic, but the second (and by proxy first) have more visual interest because the subject is clear and centered.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the framing on the second. I do appreciate that you try to keep the HDR somewhat natural looking. Personally I find the grass at the top (at ~11 o' clock) distracting. It's too neon, iridescent for the rest of the picture. Maybe tone down that one area?

The third is absolutely the best for tonality. A slight bump to the exposure (+0.25ish) would help though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second is my fave in the set, too. The brighter green in upper portion left of center is OK, thinking that is where the sun
lit it up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fine series. #2 has better framing, but #1 better colours in my eyes. And #3 has the best tonality.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love them all!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
The second is my fave in the set, too. The brighter green in upper portion left of center is OK, thinking that is where the sun
lit it up.

+1!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

#3 is my fave, it was dark under those trees, I tried brightening it but then the white highlights on the water blew out even worse, so I decided to keep the texture of the water.

One more I shot that day and forgot to process.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last one is the best of the lot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Thanks guys.

#3 is my fave, it was dark under those trees, I tried brightening it but then the white highlights on the water blew out even worse, so I decided to keep the texture of the water.

One more I shot that day and forgot to process.

i like this the most.

nice funky watermark you have there Ian!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Hari.

I like that one the most too. I've tried the same shot before, but this one came out better.