Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sears 55mm f1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
here's mine.. perhaps it is cosina after all?

No. It's the Mamiya Sekor SX 1.4/55mm, re-branded though.
Other SX lenses can bee seen here:
http://artaphot.ch/mamiya/mamiya-sx-objektive

Stephan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
benadamx wrote:
here's mine.. perhaps it is cosina after all?

No. It's the Mamiya Sekor SX 1.4/55mm, re-branded though.
Other SX lenses can bee seen here:
http://artaphot.ch/mamiya/mamiya-sx-objektive

Stephan

Like 1 going to have to find some of the other versions now, then.. wanted the tomioka Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you say your Rikenon has a scratched rear element? If so you need to get rid of that ASAP. If indeed it is radioactive that is a very bad thing.

I joined just to send you this message.

vivaldibow wrote:
KEO wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
Thanks for the photos. Now I am more inclined to believe I have a different version of this 55mm f/1.4.

You should post some pics of it. Sears put their brand on cameras and lenses from many different manufacturers.

The picture is in my first post.

Finally I got a pair of these, one Rikenon and one Sears (sn starting with 2). The Rikenon has many scratches on the rear element. The Sears is in perfect condition.
Not sure if they are radioactive. Probably not, as the glass is still pretty clear, i.e., not yellowed. Had some test shots, wide open is slightly sharper than my previous
Sears version. I like the new version better.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjcsmtx wrote:
Did you say your Rikenon has a scratched rear element? If so you need to get rid of that ASAP.

Why? Scratched glass won't shed particles like a, say, damaged asbestos insulation.
Unless you are the one who is grinding it down, it should be just as (un-)safe as a pristine copy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could not see the last 4 pictures in my browser. Question

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first post of rjcsmtx. If he does another one the pictures will become visible.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjcsmtx wrote:
Did you say your Rikenon has a scratched rear element? If so you need to get rid of that ASAP. If indeed it is radioactive that is a very bad thing.

I joined just to send you this message.

Thanks! Did you mean the scratch will expose the radioactive glass and make the radiation stronger? In other words, did you mean the coating on the glass can shield to radiation to some extent?

vivaldibow wrote:
KEO wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
Thanks for the photos. Now I am more inclined to believe I have a different version of this 55mm f/1.4.

You should post some pics of it. Sears put their brand on cameras and lenses from many different manufacturers.

The picture is in my first post.

Finally I got a pair of these, one Rikenon and one Sears (sn starting with 2). The Rikenon has many scratches on the rear element. The Sears is in perfect condition.
Not sure if they are radioactive. Probably not, as the glass is still pretty clear, i.e., not yellowed. Had some test shots, wide open is slightly sharper than my previous
Sears version. I like the new version better.