Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sears 35mm preset
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:53 am    Post subject: Sears 35mm preset Reply with quote

I got this on ebay a little while back. From what I've seen it is a Tokina.

Mods tell me if this not not allowed please--because I've wanted to teach myself to shoot videos, I started making short video reviews of old lenses, and this little preset one is one of them ones I've done so far. Check out the review here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgZP4iBRI6E

Here is the lens plus a few test images:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work, Juan. I enjoyed your images and the video.

Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy images shot with nondescript lenses. Shows the photo is made by the person holding the camera. Nice work Juan.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

I have too many old lenses, and wasn't using them. With the pandemic making street photography not as fun as it used to be, I decided to start doing these reviews. It forces me to use one lens for a few weeks. In the meantime I'm learning how to shoot and edit these little videos.

My reviews are subjective btw, I am more interested in how a lens or its images feel to me than how sharp it is. Or, rather: sharpness is just one more thing that a lens can be good for.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears 35mm preset Reply with quote

jbuhler wrote:

looks like you're in my neck of the woods.. pacifica pier?

a lot of those "sears" lenses are low-key excellent, especially the 50mm and 55mm f/1.4s

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears 35mm preset Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:

looks like you're in my neck of the woods.. pacifica pier?

a lot of those "sears" lenses are low-key excellent, especially the 50mm and 55mm f/1.4s

Haha yes! I live in the peninsula but I often go to Pacifica, and do a lot of my lens testing at that pier. If you see a pale green/olive VW Westfalia with a bike hanging in the back say hi, that's me Smile

j