Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Searching for info: Telemegor 150mm f/5.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Searching for info: Telemegor 150mm f/5.5 Reply with quote

I found a lens I'd never seen before on Ebay, and searching for past auctions resulted in very few results, so I figured HEY, maybe it's rare, bid now and ask questions later....

Meyer-Optik Görlitz Telemegor 150mm f/5.5, red 'V', serial number 1182139, exakta mount (which I use on my Canon 6D)

The inscription is right-side up on the front ring, and the hood is a straight cylinder has an equal diameter to that ring. (I've seen some with an inverted inscription with "Meyer Görlitz Tele Megor" and a hood with a 'waist' that steps up to a larger size.) I'm guessing that, along with the red 'V' I assume means coated/multicoated means it's a later model?

The lens is a good performer, for being slow at least, and for the very little I've used it (a couple of walks around the backyard). It looks like it might provide a bit of soap bubble bokeh given the right conditions but I haven't accomplished that yet. It's fun to use. I do have to manually set the white balance or the photos turn out overly blue.

I've followed up on some leads on this forum but they were dead ends. Any ideas? Pre-war? Wartime? Post-war?

First three pics are OF the lens (taken with a Super-Macro Takumar 55 f/4), last four are FROM the lens. The shrub had a little exposure correction but these are otherwise straight out of the camera.

--------

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, it is a 1951 Telemegor
Guess in Exakta mount?
Not very common in this design but rare is a to big word for it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic! Thanks for helping me figure this one out Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one.
Same model or nearly so, in Exakta mount as I think almost all of them were.
I havent tried it yet.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 180 mm, but i think it s an older version (see the fonts):

If you read German this is a nice resource: http://photobutmore.de/exakta/meyer/

Tomas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the lens, although not quite as pretty, and the 5.5/180mm version as well. Neither are favorites among my many Meyer lenses, but they do the job. I don't use them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:

If you read German this is a nice resource: http://photobutmore.de/exakta/meyer/

Tomas

Horst is a bit of a story- or fairytale-teller

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
tomasg wrote:

Tomas

Horst is a bit of a story- or fairytale-teller

I will have to trust you Smile, since my german is too rusty to be able to read it (yes i know there is google translate), by nice i mostly meant that it looks to be a good time table of the various MOG lenses, just looking at the pictures and the dates was helpful for me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:

Tomas

Great link Tomas! Thanks - and Google translate does a great job on that page even for people that can't read German (like myself!)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
I have the lens, although not quite as pretty, and the 5.5/180mm version as well. Neither are favorites among my many Meyer lenses, but they do the job. I don't use them.

I only have this an a Primotar 135 from MOG in my collection, and I do prefer the Primotar. This is just such a tiny lens though, it's fun.