Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Search for a good M42-Nikon mount adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:28 am    Post subject: Search for a good M42-Nikon mount adapter Reply with quote

Hi

Recently I purchased a Helios 44-2 58mm f2 M42 mount lens to be used on my Nikon FX & DX cameras. I purchased a cheap adapter which didn't allow me to focus at infinity. Moreover I was able to focus at close subjects only when I was using f8 and beyond, not with f2.

Now I am in search for a real good adapter and found that Kood or Bower adapters are by far the best ones.

This adapter allows infinity focus, but will I be able to use f2 to focus at a subject at 20 feet infront of me? To my knowledge if I want to get the swirley bokeh, I must use wide aparture. Also one person complained in the amazon review that the adapter doesn't work with Nikon FX, is it like that? Anybody has any comments about it?

Please reply back soon.

Thanks

Last edited by nirmalya on Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:27 am; edited 3 times in total