Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider-Kreuznach Xenon f0.95 50mm Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Schneider-Kreuznach Xenon f0.95 50mm Lens Reply with quote

Hello,

I had some plans to change the c-mount of my Schneider-Kreuznach Xenon f0.95 50mm Lens, but I decided to sell it now.
I could not find exactly the same lens on eBay so far.

Could you please let me know what would be the price of such lens?
I am going to take some pictures of the lens later.

Thank you in advance!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a couple on Ebay right now, search for "Xenon f0.95 50mm".

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Xenon f0.95 50mm Reply with quote

Thanks,
I checked them, but they are quite different!

This is mine:

It is very heavy! 930g

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: no need to change the mount on newer 0,95 Xenon Reply with quote

The focusing mount on mine is black like the front of yours is. It can also be screwed directly onto an M4\3 adapter and will give a sharp picture to cover the entire frame.No need to "change the mount". Its size and weight follows from the performance required.

p.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you paulhofseth,

It is really a different focusing mount!? I haven't seen the same.

I am contemplating to list it in eBay for 1200USD... What do you think about it? Any opinion is welcome!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: different dimensions Reply with quote

my copy, no 12 816 xxx is not engraved with the ID around the barrel, but on a ring around the front element, the aperture ring sits further forward and the distance ring is much wider than the aperture ring. Minimum focus is 0.6m (2,8ft). Although the lens diameter is substantial, the mount is shaped so that a normal C-m3\4 adapter will fit.

I have no idea what would be a fair price. I have not compared it to the Cosina alternative, but did a quick & unscientific comparison with some full frame 50mm f-2s such as the last version Summicron , and the Olympus 50\2 Macro and it was entirely satisfactory. I use it fully - or almost fully open on one of the m3\4s cameras with stabilized sensor. Excellent way to avoid using flash, but the depth of field is minimal at such openings.

p.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave up selling it (for now)!
I decided to keep it and probably buy a Sony NEX camera to be able to use this lens.
By the way I found out that my lens is made in 1965.

So, thanks for the opinions and good luck!