Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 50mm f2.8 (B39 mount)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 50mm f2.8 (B39 mount) Reply with quote

The lens is dated around 1956. It's in B39 (Braun Paxette) mount. All shots wide open.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got it producing a really attractive rendering to my eyes Alex. Rich autumn colours. I thoroughly enjoyed looking at them. Congrats Like 1 .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
You've got it producing a really attractive rendering to my eyes Alex. Rich autumn colours. I thoroughly enjoyed looking at them. Congrats

Thank you!
Actually that's not exactly my merit. I expected this lens to have rather low contrast and muted colors - turned out I was wrong, it renders beautifully indeed.
Good sharpness was predictable though, as it is the classic Tessar design.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex TG wrote:

Thank you!
Actually that's not exactly my merit. I expected this lens to have rather low contrast and muted colors - turned out I was wrong, it renders beautifully indeed.
Good sharpness was predictable though, as it is the classic Tessar design.

Probably one of the few (only?) 50 2.8 Xenar's I don't have is the Paxette iteration. Funnily enough I also had the idea this version was a bit below par, but I can't for the life of me remember why I thought that. Oh well *sigh*, ebay it is then Smile .