Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider-Kreuznach Edixa-Tele-Xenar 135mm 1:3,5f
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Schneider-Kreuznach Edixa-Tele-Xenar 135mm 1:3,5f Reply with quote

So a new shipment arrived today, containing, amongst other stuff, a Schneider-Kreuznach Edixa-Tele-Xenar 135mm 1:3,5f. I've been looking forward to test this one. But to be honest, I am not sure what to think, personally I think it really lacks some contrast.

Anyways, full size images here (and some more) : http://www.flickr.com/photos/zewrak/sets/72157605284137263/

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the excelent schneider 135 mm lens.
It have a zeiss sonnar's design (four lens, three at front a one at te rear). It's an old formula that work very well.
Your lens is an 1968/1971 production. It had the technology of his era. The coat is not MC (but a fine single coat). And a four elements design can live very well with no more. But if you compare the contrast of your lens with one of some MC lens (a lot in 135 mm.), you may see that the schneider has less contrast than the MCs. Perhaps you are right.
Less contrast, may be, but less quality, NOT. (bokeh, sharpness, overal impression, are excelent).

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking wit much attention, I can see that the lens isn't in the less contrast way, but in the blueish tonal. And this is not a serious problem. You have, for me, an excelent lens. Go and shot (it's the best way to know well a lens).

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak

Those are fine pictures and it looks to me as though it is an excellent lens. Any ideas on how it is for flare?

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For flare, it's as good as the CZJ no MC and the sonnar of contarexes zeiss.
Because, 1- the frontal element is so small to do the lens prone to flare; and 2- ths singlecoated of schneider lenses were very good, and for a lens with only four elements, the single coated work at the top.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats, this look a excellent lens with excellent colors