Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider-Kreuznach 50mm f/1.9 Xenon samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Schneider-Kreuznach 50mm f/1.9 Xenon samples Reply with quote

Nice chrome lens in DKL mount. Originally the standard lens of the Retina Reflex III; stopped down a bit it's quite sharp and wide open is very good too!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woa, that is one sweet lens! Superb images and love the kite in the tree!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic: Thanks for the samples. How would you compare it to Biotar or Helios? It was direct Biotar competitor based on similar optical concept...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the nice comments!

Jiri, it's hard to tell at this time. Obviously, the Xenon does not optically vignette as much as the Biotar, so the bokeh is more mundane. I think this is because the last element of the Xenon is much smaller than the one on the Biotar, because it had to fit in the Synchro-Compur shutter opening of the Retina Reflex.

I also think the Xenon has a more flat plane of focus than the Biotar (the sharpness of the Xenon is more even across the frame).

I would also like to compare it to the Voigtländer 50mm f/2 Septon because it has the same DKL mount. From my mind, the Septon has worse contrast (because of the 7th element?).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet!~ I like the ~50mm Xenons quite a bit, as used in the Retinas. And your results speak for adapting and modernizing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a very nice lens. Your sample shots show everything about it.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice samples. These old lenses continue to amaze me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no.5 scores!... for me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Peter!