Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider componon 150mm 5.6 reversed on a7rii
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject: Schneider componon 150mm 5.6 reversed on a7rii Reply with quote

Playing with this lens yesterday and decided to try it reversed, just on a whim. It's a chromed brass and glass thing, rather large, enlarger lens I think. [iurl=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20204/big_7980_DSC07162_1.jpg][/url]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice Like 1 . I have one of those, what did you use to reverse it?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49mm filter reverse ring to eos and a cheap chinese eos bellows. Simple and (marginally) effective. The tensioner on the bellows was jittery so finding and keeping focus was a bit challenging at times. I have ordered a different reverse ring for one of my better bellows system. Anybody know what the FL would be for this? is it 150 as well?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
49mm filter reverse ring to eos and a cheap chinese eos bellows. Simple and (marginally) effective. The tensioner on the bellows was jittery so finding and keeping focus was a bit challenging at times. I have ordered a different reverse ring for one of my better bellows system. Anybody know what the FL would be for this? is it 150 as well?

Thanks. Those shots remind me so much of '3d' photographs of flowers and such that you got free with something. It was like a frosted plastic card that when you moved it around, it looked like the actual flower was trapped inside it. It's a vague memory that wont come to me in detail.

Anyway... Photo Cornocopia gives the c1980 version an FL of 143.1. Schneider are supposed to be known for evolution more than revolution in their designs, so I suppose you could use that FL as a guide if yours, like mine, is an earlier version.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more and a shot of the rig.

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20204/big_7980_15873596770551183240888_1.jpg]
[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Like 1 .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1