Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider AV-Cinelux f2.8 60mm on Sony A850
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject: Schneider AV-Cinelux f2.8 60mm on Sony A850 Reply with quote

This is a damn good lens, sharp as hell, very good contrast and surprisingly very little CA. Looking forward to some better weather to test it further.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 impressive indeed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Schneider AV-Cinelux f2.8 60mm on Sony A850 Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
This is a damn good lens, sharp as hell, very good contrast and surprisingly very little CA. Looking forward to some better weather to test it further.

I bought this lens a few months ago and finally hooked it up the other day. Is your copy actually 60mm? Mine says 60mm f2.8 on the lettering ring of the lens, but the lens itself is actually 105mm. The box it came in said "105mm f2.4" even though the projection lens itself says 60mm f2.8, and it has a little sticker on the side of the lens that says "104.5" Really weird. As for the lens, it's almost identical to my Nikkor AI 105mm f2.5 which is really good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, mine is 60mm, I have the 45mm version too.

There are a whole range of AV-Cineluxes of different lengths, I expect they are all excellent.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah indeed, I have an 80mm one....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Yeah indeed, I have an 80mm one....

Wow!
Like Dog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a certain creamy smoothness to how they render out of focus areas and the smoothness of the transition from in to out of focus that makes them so appealing to my eyes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
There's a certain creamy smoothness to how they render out of focus areas and the smoothness of the transition from in to out of focus that makes them so appealing to my eyes.

Cannot agree more, exactly what attracts me too! And great colors and contrast, too!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the contrast is another stand out feature, both macro and micro, my shots were taken in really bad December light and still have plenty of contrast and some 'pop', which only a very good lens can do in such bad light. Clearly some very good coatings on these lenses. The colours are great too - look at how vivid the red of the postal box is, I haven't edited it, and it was shot in some of the worst, flat, dull light you can have during daylight hours.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for better weather and the end of lockdown, so not been able to get out and shoot much, but I'm still very impressed with this lens. It has a lot of 3d pop - look at the image of the flag, the light was dull and flat but the flag really pops out of the image. Also look at the image of the train, which was shot in really dull, gray conditions and note how the front of the train has a real 3D look to it. I note also that there is some interesting circular flares when the sun is in or close to the frame, an effect I'll hopefully be able to further experiment with for artistic effect.

[/url,

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20213/big_4077_DSC5661_1.jpg]

to it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

Excellent indeed! Love those rainbow flares!!