Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Scans from Richoflex/Fuji Superia 100 film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, that second shot first set is my fave out of all of these pics. The third
shot has a nice mood, but the bog pic I took with the Oly 35RC I like much
better.

Thanks for your comments!

Bill

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, you just keep getting better and better. I LOVE seeing your work, and the way you are steadily improving!

Peter is correct, I bracket about half of my medium format exposures. So MUCH easier than working the image on the computer later. And actually, I HATE working images on the computer. Photoshop is a comprehensive and useful tool, for sure. But I just don't like the time and frustration it can take.

The hardest part for me, in any detailed forest image, is the composition. Shocked It seems I have to not only compose for the elements of the image, but have to compose for the light and its value in contributing to a composition, and then to be VERY scrupulous about balance. And even at that, the rain forest images can EASILY end up as garbage.

By the way, the Bog image, for some reason, is the one I like best. It seems more peaceful. A very well balanced scene.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry, thanks again for the kind words and tips! The bog picture is starting
to grow on me, but I was rather wowed with the lighting in the Oly 35RC
version. I very much like hiking around and shooting what looks good to
me, so will be doing much more of that. I also want to do some low light
urban stuff, will see how that goes.

Thanks again for your comments!

Bill