Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Scanning problem solved
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Scanning problem solved Reply with quote

I tested my Robot Star with Provia 400X slide film, but the strips turned out to be very convex, too convex for scanning with my 4990. When I put a strip on the scanner with the convex side down, the strip touched the glass bed. When I put it with the convex side up, the result was like this, first a 100% crop at 4800dpi, which would correspond to an about 25 Mpixel FF:

and the whole frame down-sampled and refocused:

which really didn't look very promising. After some thought I decided to get an ANR Insert for 35mm film from Betterscanning, see http://www.betterscanning.com/scanning/insert35.html. I got the insert on Friday and tested it to-day. The results look like this, first the crop:

and the down-sampled and refocused frame:

Not quite at the 5D level but certainly usable. Problem solved Smile

Veijo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that the result is much more than "acceptable".
Thanks for sharing!.

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A clever way to solve your problem - and solved it is! Well done.