Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"Scanning" a slide with 5d
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, this is the Voigtlaender Ultron 1.7/35 on the Bessie T and supercheap supermarket COOP film.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
the film strip is visible on the pic of my setup, it is the slide attachment who work for slide mounted or in strip
click here to see it better
have you a link to your duplicator, I cannot understand how it is
how do you rate the resolution of my last samples ?

I assume you are asking Orio about the resolution, but I'll jump in because I have results "in my brain" from my 35mm scans with the V700. In my opinion, your last photoscans are BETTER than my output from the V700, based only on what I remember seeing.

I will certainly show both venues as soon as I get the slide copier set up, so we can get at least a rudimentary idea of any differences. I'm pretty confident, though, about the photoscan showing better results.

The V700 is GREAT for medium format, so I would not let it go, in light of the majority of my shooting being medium format. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, can you post, side by side, a 5D "scan" and a scanner scan so we can compare on the same photo?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

naplam wrote:
Orio, can you post, side by side, a 5D "scan" and a scanner scan so we can compare on the same photo?

OK, I will.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have bought a Rodagon, in the hope of perfectioning this procedure:

Click here to see on Ebay

I hope it's a good investment, I would not know what to do with it should it prove not useful Sad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I link to this other thread:

http://forum.mflenses.com/what-film-still-can-do-t10743.html#90223

as it shows the images of my most successful result so far.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just bought a slide duplicator, inspired by all you guys.