Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sankyo Koki Tokyo KOMURA 135mm F3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Sankyo Koki Tokyo KOMURA 135mm F3.5 Reply with quote

I need another 135mm like I need a hole in the head, but this one looks so nice and it was incredibly cheap.

Fantastically well made, hopefully the IQ will be as nice as the build quality.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A separate viewfinder? What type of camera was this intended for?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M39 for rangefinders Leicas and the copies from Canon, Fed, Zorki etc.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Older than mine. An M39 I suppose by the presence of the viewfinder. Mine is M42 and all black except for the interchangeable mount. Get the focus right and it'll be plenty sharp. Bokeh and colors great if anything like mine. Another many bladed iris.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice. I expect it's a Sonnar copy, Nikon ad Canon copied the Sonnar for their rf 135s. I tried the Canon Serenar and it was very nice but I passed it on to a friend because I already have the original Zeiss Oberkochen Sonnar 4/135 for Contax. I also have a 1957 J11 copy of the Sonnar and it is almost as good. Then there's my 1958 Schneider Tele-Xenar 4/135 for Akarette, that's also a Sonnar copy and every bit as sharp as the Zeiss, only way it fails to match the Zeiss is in coating - the Zeiss has slightly better coating.

I also have Zeiss Jena Sonnars 4/135 in M42, 3.5/135 in PB, J11s in M39 and M42, so I already have 7 or 8 Sonnar type 135s and this Komura faces some stiff competition. Then there the superb Konica Hexanon 3.2/135, the fantastic Topcon RE Auto 3.5/135, the beautiful Pentacon 2.8/135, Meyer Primotar 3.5/135, Carl Zeiss Jena Triotar 4/135, Konica Hexanon 3.5/135 EE, Minolta MD 2.8/135, Voigtlander Dynarex 4/35 DKL, Schneider Tele-Xenar 4/135 DKL, Rodenstck Rotelar 4/135 DKL and a few more I can't quite recall right now. Basically, I have a lot of 135mms and they are all very good.

I have to say though, the Komura feels better built (and heavier) than even the Oberkochen Sonnar.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the same lens as mine it is really nice and produces some amazing results I think I posted mine here.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
That is the same lens as mine it is really nice and produces some amazing results I think I posted mine here

Yes, you did, but the pictures have gone after the crash of the server Sad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like woodrim I have the M42 version of this lens.
I don't think I am quite as good as he for getting the focus just right, but it is a very rewarding lens nonetheless.
OH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
eddieitman wrote:
That is the same lens as mine it is really nice and produces some amazing results I think I posted mine here

Yes, you did, but the pictures have gone after the crash of the server Sad

Well lets see if i can fix that here is some

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super nice samples! Wink

I have this lens as Bitco Super Vemar, identical but with both Feet & meter markings.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great cath Ian, congrats!!