Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sankyo Kohki W-Komura 24mm F4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Sankyo Kohki W-Komura 24mm F4 Reply with quote

After reading this thread http://forum.mflenses.com/w-komura-24-4-now-with-images-t55281.html , I search for a copy of this lens. What makes me interested on this lens because it is one of the very early 24mm third party made in Japan for SLR. Build quality is outstanding IMHO. It is very heavy with larger filter size 67mm. Quality is not up to the later super wide but the color and the bokeh at close distance.

Photos converted in LR5 with some basic adjustment.

Close-ups

Last edited by calvin83 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:11 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love these results! clarity and color suit my eye perfectly. komura put out some really good lenses, both slr and rangefinder. i have the 135/2.8 in ltm and results are similar. i find them typically a little more compact than competitor lenses, but well made.
tony

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
love these results! clarity and color suit my eye perfectly. komura put out some really good lenses, both slr and rangefinder. i have the 135/2.8 in ltm and results are similar. i find them typically a little more compact than competitor lenses, but well made.
tony

Thanks!

Both of my Komura wide angle lens are not compact but the build quality is top class. Although these early Komura lenses is not weather sealed, both of my lens are clean internally although they have passed through half a century!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great success! Congrats to this rare gem, I had two Komura only I think most common ones, 135mm and 200mm color and built was outstanding too. Just like Takumar the built and lens did give more saturated colors than anything else.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Great success! Congrats to this rare gem, I had two Komura only I think most common ones, 135mm and 200mm color and built was outstanding too. Just like Takumar the built and lens did give more saturated colors than anything else.

I have the 35mm F2.5 from the same period too but I am not able to find one 135mm F2.8 in reasonable price! They seems to be more common in US than EU. Hope you will be able get one soon.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Attila wrote:

I have the 35mm F2.5 from the same period too

Me too.

nice colors and contrast. Both good.

Resolution, average.

A bit of CA can be seen

Good lens.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-uploaded the photos.

I have not used this lens but I will use it again when I get a FF Sony camera.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very interesting old lens.
It does very well for such an early ultra wide lens for SLR.
Interestingly it has a very close mfd of 0.26m - about 10 inches.
Here are some shots from mine.
RAW to jpg and PP in LR6
Mono in NIK
Tom

PS, I just noticed that mine is f3.5 so maybe a later model than Calvin's

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 small