Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samyang/Rokinon Rokinon 24mm F1.4 ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Samyang/Rokinon Rokinon 24mm F1.4 ? Reply with quote

Are the Rokinon and Samyang 24mm 1.4 lenses the same lens? They look identical, but I am not familiar with Samyang at all. I just know Samyang is a Korean make.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Rokinon is another brand Samyang use.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks for the quick reply. I knew they had to be but wanted to verify. They are identical, so it's a fairly easy call, but I know nothing of Samyang.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:
but I know nothing of Samyang.

It's simple. Samyang is the name of the company that makes these lenses, but for some reason they sell them under several different names/brands, Rokinon being one of them. But I don't know if Rokinon et al are separate companies that just resell Samyang made stuff or if they're brands actually owned by Samyang. I would guess the former.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good lens the 24/1.4, probably my favourite Samyang on my D700.