Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samyang / Rokinon 12mm f2.0
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZiZa wrote:
Hi! My 5 cents:
Before I bought mirrorless camera I had DSLR camera and Samyang popular 8mm and 14mm, both lenses were great, but 12mm is in a whole new level!
I've been using 12mm f/2 Samyang lens on my Fuji since april, one of the 1st lenses that came on the market - bought at www.foto-klik.si. So, after 4 months of using this lens everywhere, I am still impressed with sharpness, DOF control, colors, filter thread for ND filters, size, weight, price,... everything is spot on! Now 90% pictures are made with that lens, other 10% with helios 44-2 Very Happy

on my blog, link in the signature, you can check pictures made with this lens (exif under all pictures):
for example:

group on flickr... https://www.flickr.com/groups/samyang_12mm_f2/ Smile

reposted as pictures don't appear in first post - anti spam measure.

I like your pictures as well. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now it should work? Smile good Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is a really special shot.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using this lens since april too. I must have bought one of the first e mount copies that came to the store (foto-klik.si as well, highly recommended). It really is a very good lens, with hardly any weak points. It's not on my camera exactly all the time, but I do take it with me pretty much everywhere I go.

Except there's one thing, and it's a funny story really. I took the lens with me on our summer holidays last month, shot many photos over several days and then started noticing more or less all were soft in places, especially on one side and one corner. Difficult to see on the camera LCD though. Many photos later I finally found the reason, a big fat greasy fingerprint smudge on the rear element! Rolling Eyes Stopped down to f/16 it was even clearly visible on the LCD. Seems like the rear protrudes a few mm too far out the lens body for clumsy people like me. Razz At least I now know to be more careful when handling the lens from now on.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my.... and the wish list keeps on growing.....

And please: do not put up those options about kidneys and stuff....... Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - nothing special, but I had fun in a dawn shoot with my son and some friends this morning.
I used the time to mostly shoot film on Bronica ETRs.
Fomapan 100.
At the end of the roll I took a few images on the Fuji X-E1 with Samyang 12mm lens.
It is quite sharp.
Here are a few.
OH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sharpness of this lens is amazing:

Link to full size image

Samyang 12mm f/2 on a Fujifilm X-T1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviving this thread because of recent interest.
here are some images from this lens.
Last one shows a crop of the previous to highlight detail
Tom