Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samyang 8mm F3.5 MC Fisheye
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Samyang 8mm F3.5 MC Fisheye Reply with quote

There's no thread for this great fisheye so I though I should start one!

This lens is marketed under many brand names:
Rokinon, Polar, Vivitar ("7,5mm"), Falcon, Opteka, Walimex Pro and maybe some more
It's available with many different mounts.

Some of my pics with the lens from about the last 12 months:

F8 or F5.6, no PP, ISO 800, 3.2s exposure

F8, no PP

F8, no PP

F8, no PP

F3.5, stitched from three handheld pics, 1/15s each, no PP

F8, in-cam-HDR, BW Conversion with Silver Efex (Wet Rocks filter)

F11, cropped, BW conversion with Silver Efex (Silhuette filter)

F11, BW conversion with Silver Efex (filter unknown)

F8, no PP

Cameras used: Sony A550 and Sony NEX-5N (both 1.5x crop)

Last edited by ForenSeil on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:25 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely work Smile

This lens has been on my wish-list for a while but it was put on a back shelf after I was bitten by the manual focus bug... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed this thread for the first time in ages, I also notice how dumb I looked.

This lens is, of course, manual focus, but I wasn't aware at the time of my previous post. For some reason I thought it was AF. Embarassed

I finally ordered one of these today and can't wait to start playing with it. Razz

I see it's sold under several different names, I went for a Samyang-named one because I wasn't sure if the warranty works with other names. A 3yr warranty is not to be sniffed at. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you'll have fun with it. My copy is also Samyang-branded, a keeper.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out for a walk with my Samyang 8/3.5 yesterday and grabbed a shot of the local castle sans tourists, that won't be the case for much longer....

7D, 3-shot HDR, developed with Nik HDR Efex Pro 2 and a little Topaz trickery.

I'm still getting used to the fisheye perspective, walking around with it stuck to my face and bumping into to stuff, ya know Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many stunning pictures, great idea to start it! I am in love with fisheye lenses too!