Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samyang 85mm f1.4 Aspherical IF (Some samples)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Köszönöm! Cool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nima wrote:
Köszönöm! Cool

Shocked Are you Hungarian ?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No but my employer is. Wink

Still got the Unicum bottle of my last visit in Pest in the fridge. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nima wrote:

Laughing Okay.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.syopt.co.kr/common/pdf/f=85mm%20Fno1.4%20CANON.pdf

mmmmhhhh Rolling Eyes

A ha!

www.luciolepri.it/lc2/marcocavina/articoli_fotografici/Bertele_Sonnar/00_pag.htm

Peace and love to everybody.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paperinik wrote:
www.syopt.co.kr/common/pdf/f=85mm%20Fno1.4%20CANON.pdf

mmmmhhhh Rolling Eyes

A ha!

www.luciolepri.it/lc2/marcocavina/articoli_fotografici/Bertele_Sonnar/00_pag.htm

Peace and love to everybody.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Rokinon and it's amazing especially wide open. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nima wrote:

Unicum................hmmmmmmmm love UNicum.

And Barak Palinka.................YUM! Oh and lets not forget the Slivovitz. Double UM

You can see my Hungarian heritage shining through!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterm1 wrote:
Nima wrote:

Unicum................hmmmmmmmm love UNicum.

And Barak Palinka.................YUM! Oh and lets not forget the Slivovitz. Double UM

You can see my Hungarian heritage shining through!

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the same lens marketed under several names? I have lenses that look identical in vivitar, rokinar, samyang, and opteka brands. Is one brand preferable to the next?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkbslc wrote:
Is this the same lens marketed under several names? I have lenses that look identical in vivitar, rokinar, samyang, and opteka brands. Is one brand preferable to the next?

It is "Rokinon" and not "Rokinar". But yes, those are just the same lenses. I'd recommend to buy the cheapest one you can find. It does not matter unless Vivitar has a more strict quality control (but I don't think so).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
I'd recommend to buy the cheapest one you can find.
Indeed ... a quick search on the Bay give 175 € for Opteka and 243 € for Samyang. Quite a difference for the same lens !

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and lets not forget the Slivovitz. Double UM

You can see my Hungarian heritage shining through![/quote]

Certainly it is shining but Slivovitz cames from Czech and Slovak home destileries. We are masters in such a drinks.

We can prepare it from anything which has a sugar. Any fruit.
And don´t forget mushrooms and strong beers - also containing good enough sugar to start destilling. Very Happy

You should come to here and taste it. I guarantee You will get 7 or 8 cups of Slivovitz and You will find manual focus impossible and extremelly funny
Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:
I'd recommend to buy the cheapest one you can find.
Indeed ... a quick search on the Bay give 175 € for Opteka and 243 € for Samyang. Quite a difference for the same lens !

What a brands Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing names makes difference lol

I like Rokinon and Vivitar name

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the US, Ebay has:

Rokinon $249
Opteka $249
Samyang $357
Vivitar Series 1 $310-340

With the way these things are flooding ebay and the online photo shops, I bet resale value is going to be horrid. Who is going to pay much for used Opteka or Samyang? I think I might wait until some used ones start hitting the market. I bet they will be sub $200 before long. And how can you pass up a decent 85mm f1.4 for that price?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkbslc wrote:
In the US, Ebay has:

Rokinon $249
Opteka $249
Samyang $357
Vivitar Series 1 $310-340

With the way these things are flooding ebay and the online photo shops, I bet resale value is going to be horrid. Who is going to pay much for used Opteka or Samyang? I think I might wait until some used ones start hitting the market. I bet they will be sub $200 before long. And how can you pass up a decent 85mm f1.4 for that price?

Take on new price and hopefully we can support manufacturer to make more excellent lenses on low price like this. Take as second hand not a good message for manufacturer and 50-60 USD is really nothing as difference.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Take on new price and hopefully we can support manufacturer to make more excellent lenses on low price like this. Take as second hand not a good message for manufacturer and 50-60 USD is really nothing as difference.

That is a very good point and you are right, what's $50 extra for a good lens? I am hoping if they do make more lenses like this they can at least include AF confirm chips in them. It would be great to have the EXIF data stamped in there even if the AF confirm is not as reliable. I could care less about auto aperture. I can dial a ring on the lens as easy as a dial on the camera.

I also just found yet ANOTHER brand name for this lens: Bower - $350 at B&H photo and $280 on ebay.

Someone had commented on the size of the lens, but in fact it is not very large compared to many other fast 85's. The specs I found put the 85 1.4 @ 75x78x530g. The Canon 85mm 1.8 is 75x71x425g. So an extra couple mm here and there and 100g for almost a stop of light is nothing to fret over IMO. The jupiter 9 is 66x72x380g.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they sales earn some profit and we can see more nice lens from them. I am think about to contact to them and offer detailed review to support their works. Problem only I didn't find any contact to their sales or marketing department.If anybody know please let me know.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even Overstock.com also has this lens for $257+$3 S&H...

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Rokinon-85mm-f-1.4-Portrait-Lens-for-Canon-Cameras/3915055/product.html?cid=123620&fp=F&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=11947085

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, I think Samyang is the real builder, and the rest are just rebrands, maybe you should try to contact them...
http://www.syopt.co.kr/
You can go to "contact us" on the top of the page and you have some emails avaliable.
Samyang also makes an 8mm f3.5 fisheye, if someone is interested, it's seems to be good too, for what i've seen so far. I hope they keep bringing us some more lenses like these

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope a day the productor realize a f/1.7 or better a f/2 version so this lens will be more light, more small, cost even less.

I have noticied that I use my 50 mm at 2.4 and more often at 2.8 so it isn't a problem for me a len wide open f/2. Rolling Eyes

Clearly with a better control of CA will be even a lot better..

Despite the CA is evidence in some circumstance I like the result and perhpas one day i could buy it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dco wrote:
Attila, I think Samyang is the real builder, and the rest are just rebrands,

That is correct.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:
Dco wrote:
Attila, I think Samyang is the real builder, and the rest are just rebrands,

That is correct.

I knew that I would explain I like better with other name like Rokinon or Vivitar.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

hmm

Attila wrote:
Yes , it's interesting. We should wait one year and try to get it second hand Wink
I think I will drop them an e-mail perhaps they lend me a copy for testing.

Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dco wrote:
Attila, I think Samyang is the real builder, and the rest are just rebrands, maybe you should try to contact them...
http://www.syopt.co.kr/
You can go to "contact us" on the top of the page and you have some emails avaliable.
Samyang also makes an 8mm f3.5 fisheye, if someone is interested, it's seems to be good too, for what i've seen so far. I hope they keep bringing us some more lenses like these

Thanks ! I did contact to them. Let we see.