Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samyang 2.8/14 on Pentax K-10D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Samyang 2.8/14 on Pentax K-10D Reply with quote

I found this lens on our trading post and as it was at a good price I snapped it up.
Teamed with the K-10D it is easy to use.
We took the grandkids to a little seaside village within an hour's drive of home, and they had a ball running about in the sand dunes.
Here are some images from the day's outing.
OH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The images look sharp and nice. But what strikes me the most is how beautiful it is out there, especially the last shot makes me want jump in and take a swim! Unless the place is full of reptiles Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
The images look sharp and nice. But what strikes me the most is how beautiful it is out there, especially the last shot makes me want jump in and take a swim! Unless the place is full of reptiles Shocked

Thank you for your kind words.
Ha ha, no that lovely little creek is just beautiful. There were children swimming and paddling just out of camera shot - and we are in the middle of winter Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
OH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
... But what strikes me the most is how beautiful it is out there, especially the last shot makes me want jump in and take a swim! ...

+1 !
Nice series, the outstanding places! Similarly, the last shot bring on desire to swim there Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your purchase! Really nice shots and that looks like a beautiful place.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks.
It was the only lens that I took that day as I knew we had lots of sandhills to climb.
There are so many beautiful locations around here, Hat Head national park is just one.
It is good to get away with the camera from time to time.
OH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so that's what 14mm looks like on a APS-C I wouldn't know what to do with all that real estate. Razz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
so that's what 14mm looks like on a APS-C I wouldn't know what to do with all that real estate. Razz

But in this case it seems to work. Kind of minimalistic landscape. Not too much stuff.
For me even a 20mm is a challenge. Confused

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:

You'd think of something ........... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
OH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're beautiful OH !
Thanks for sharing.
The last one would surely make me catch my swimming suit.
Here we are in summer but not very warm nor sunny...

It seems to be a nice lens, and working on full frame that's a nice price/quality ratio !