Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samyang 135/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Samyang 135/2 Reply with quote

After a long time and a dead external HD with all my pictures in it, here s a post from me. What better cure than a new lens to get back at takeing pictures after the lost of cca 50000 pics? Smile

It s a grat lens in some aspects not so great in a few others, mine is going ack as the focus ring is squeaking at one point and i think it also has just a tiny it of focus slack too, my first prolem with a samyang lens and i own 5 of them.

Some bokeh torture tests:

many more full size originals:

http://www.pbase.com/tomasg_71/samyang_135

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, loosing pictures is horrible. While the loss is objectively one of the lighter mishaps i life, it is still my horror-scenario. Will improve my backup strategy tomorrow morning.
The new lens looks good.

Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrible really Sad sorry to hear it Sad

This new lens is exiting item isn't it ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

The cost of recovering more than 90% of the data on the hard disk is 700,00 eur so in the near future i ll recover my pictures. In the mean time i got the Samyang, which is really good, very sharp, almost no CA and really no LoCa or bokeh fringing, green-purple halos behind and in front of the foused area. Unfortunately i don t have any models like you Attila to use the lens in what it excels. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My "model":

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernhardas wrote:
Oh dear, loosing pictures is horrible. While the loss is objectively one of the lighter mishaps i life, it is still my horror-scenario. Will improve my backup strategy tomorrow morning.
The new lens looks good.

Smile

I always siad: "i ll do the back up tomorrow...." Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your son has very nice legs! Very Happy

tomasg wrote:
One more:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing well his mother does...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
Attila wrote:

The cost of recovering more than 90% of the data on the hard disk is 700,00 eur so in the near future i ll recover my pictures. In the mean time i got the Samyang, which is really good, very sharp, almost no CA and really no LoCa or bokeh fringing, green-purple halos behind and in front of the foused area. Unfortunately i don t have any models like you Attila to use the lens in what it excels. Smile

The lens is nice.
I recently had to recover data and the foreseen expense was 350-700 depending on the damage level (ended to be in the middle). Furthermore, I suspect that private customers might spend less than companies.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Data loss is a painful endeavor.

All my pictures go to a nas. The nas then replicates via rysnc to a 2nd Nas.
All pictures are then sync to google drive, and then I back all data to crashplan....

:0)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One from today:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% crop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of CA & sharpness, this Samyang and the APO-Sonnar are in a league of their own (until Canon comes up with something new, and the Sony/Zeiss is no slouch either).