Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung ST66 and ES78 pocket camera parts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Samsung ST66 and ES78 pocket camera parts Reply with quote

Hello again. Since I found the parts I wanted on this forum very quickly (thanks, Trevor), I think it is worth the shot, even though this is for pocket camera parts.

I have two cameras that I want to see working:

1) Samsung ST66: looking for one with a dead LCD/motherboard as I want the lens assembly. (there are plenty on eBay but all of them have the same lens assembly fault).

I have actually disassembled this camera to its atomic elements as they say, even the lens assembly, and would have pretty much got it working until while finally assembling the thing, I realized there are some broken plastic "stubs?" that were also missing. I really need the entire assembly. Sad

2) Samsung ES78. I want the LCD only so anything else can be pretty much dead. Other models that would work instead of this one would be : ES70, ES73, ES75, PL100.

I prefer if they can be found in Nottingham, UK for me to collect and save money. Please note the LCD would cost me only a tenner to buy new, posted to my address, but I'm looking to spend a tenner on both these cameras (or at least the ST66, such a handsome little gizmo).

Irrelevalnt rambling below:
=================
I bought them broken as they are. The idea was to convert them for IR. I removed the IR/UV cut filter from the ES78 but since there is no LCD, I cannot control any of the settings or see if it's focusing right. The ST66 did not have a separate filter. It is possibly welded to the sensor.