Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung NX300 announced
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Samsung NX300 announced Reply with quote

Hi guys!

Samsung announced the NX300 and finally where are getting a tiltable Screen in a small camera and we get focus peaking for manual focus! This thing is the reason I waited buying a successor for my NX11! I'm looking forward to try it out!

Here's the DPreview announcement and the second link goes to a first handson!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/01/03/Samsung-announces-NX300-3D-capable-20MP-mirrorless-camera-with-WVGA-touchscreen

http://www.thephoblographer.com/2013/01/03/first-impressions-samsung-nx300-and-45mm-f1-8-3d/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! I really like the IQ of my NX100 but it never supplanted my NEX due to the lack of tiltable screen and no manual focus aid other than 2x magnify, now they have addressed those issues, I hope the NX series has more sales success as the price vs performance is unmatched imho, especially when you consider hwo excellent the prime lenses like the 2/30 are despite being dirt cheap.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I did try it in shop very tempting camera indeed!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No LVF on it though! Tbh I'm not a big Samsung fan....but who asked for my opinion anyway!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want an EVF, buy an NX 20. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah, but the NX-20 is getting rather long in the tooth, and doesn't stack up so well against the competition. It would have been nice to see the NX300 with an EVF at least. Maybe this will be an option? It looks like it has an accessory plug-in at the hot shoe that might support this.

One thing that they just touch on that I find interesting is that new 45mm 3-D capable lens. For folks who have 3-D TVs, using this lens with the camera in video mode could provide some interesting results.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 20mp sensor might be a couple of years old now, but I was surprised how great the output from it is when I got to use an NX200 the other day. I'm waiting to see what the NX30 and NX-R are going to bring, maybe a new sensor. If not, then I'll probably buy an NX20 as the 20mp sensor is very good indeed.