Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

samsung nx100 latest firmware
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: samsung nx100 latest firmware Reply with quote

I see theres a new firmware for the nx100 - 1.12. I'm having the dickens of a job downloading it. My camera shows firmware 1.0 but when I try to download the latest version I cannot. I get to the part on the menu where it states "firmware" okay that and then i get a choice of body or lens upgrade, BUT I cannot cycle between them, if I click okay I just go back to the previous page. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did download it yesterday and move it to SD card root , after all installed fine from that menu what you did mention. Did you do same ?
Firmware was already on your sd card root folder ?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm, whats the root folder?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev wrote:
Mmm, whats the root folder?

If you take off SD card from your camera and put into your computer on windows it will be mount as a drive marked with an alphabet f:\
for example this is root folder, not f:\dcim where you can find pictures.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I understand that part of it, but what I cannot understand is why my camera will not allow me to upgrade firmware. Following the manual and Samsungs web site, I click on the cameras menu, scroll through until I find FIRMWARE UPDATE, click okay on that and up pops a new menu with a choice of CAMERA FIRMWARE or LENS FIRMWARE, I cannot for the life of me highlight either one of these using the 4 way controller or any other controls either. Instructions tell me to click okay and highlight one or the other but I cannot. If I click the okay button I just go back a menu page. Its driving me nuts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are several fw releases behind the current one, you have to upgrade incrementally. At least that's how it works on the NX10. The strange thing is that Samsung does not offer old fw releases, making it impossible to upgrade for people with an old body.

If you need old fw versions to get you to the current one, post a message on the DPR Samsung forum, there are people who have archived all fw versions (btw, we should do the same here).

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1001

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah-ha, a very cunning plan by Samsung!!!! At long last I have upgraded firmware..............Samsungs cunning plan was that the product had to be registered with them first.............
So all okay now.......although I cannot actually find out what the upgrade was for!!! LOL