Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung NX 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Camera Rapture Reply with quote

I had decided late last year (2011) not to purchase any more lenses until 2013. I have kept to the plan. However, I have purchased 2 Samsung NX-100's this year. Wait! There is more - an NX-10 is on it's way to me as I type. I believe I need help, so I have further decided not to buy any more Samsung cameras for the rest of the year. I am getting better with the manual focusing on the NX-100's. I have one of the add on EVF's and I find it a great help in certain lighting situations. When I considered purchasing a flash and a second view finder, I found this NX-10 body for $40 less than an EVF and flash.

Of course, this leaves the way to purchasing another brand wide open Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Last edited by greg on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: another one! Reply with quote

greg wrote:
I was so impressed with the first NX100 that I just had to grab another one. My plan is to have the Samsung 20-50mm on one and an MF lens of some flavor on the other when I go shooting.

And why not. Prices are lower than P&S for a lot more camera (even if you shell out for an EVF from Korea).
A few people I know (Panasonic and Sony users) weren't even aware of the NX100 and were shocked at how little they cost now the 200 is available. One has bought one as an additional camera and one is selling his GF1 because he prefers the bigger sensor on the NX100.

And this is all the time I have bought my NX100 - about 6 weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was toying with the idea of ordering an evf for my nx100 from the far east, but although they can be had for as little as 50 quid, theres UK purchase tax and 20pc VAT to take into account, without those I'd have one like a shot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was shopping for an EVF and a real Samsung flash for my NX-100's. The e*ay prices were ~ $150US for the flash and ~$90USD for the EVF from dealers with good repute. Then I saw the above mentioned NX-10 body only for $199.95USD with free shipping from a domestic seller. I figured why buy the parts when I can get the whole camera for the same amount and get an upgrade to the NX-10?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev wrote:
I was toying with the idea of ordering an evf for my nx100 from the far east, but although they can be had for as little as 50 quid, theres UK purchase tax and 20pc VAT to take into account, without those I'd have one like a shot

I took a risk and it sneaked through and conveniently had a value of $30 on the paperwork.