Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samples from Panasonic G1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Samples from Panasonic G1 Reply with quote

Here it is > http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/review/2008/11/05/9552.html

It is not bad! The lens used is Vario 14-45/3.5-5.6, possibly a kit lens.
The initial price with a kit lens will be 80,000 Yen, since exchange rate
changes every day so you can calculate into your money when your
currency is stronger. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems really tiny, Koji.

Thanks for sharing!.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Samples from Panasonic G1 Reply with quote

koji wrote:
Here it is > http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/review/2008/11/05/9552.html

It is not bad! The lens used is Vario 14-45/3.5-5.6, possibly a kit lens.
The initial price with a kit lens will be 80,000 Yen, since exchange rate
changes every day so you can calculate into your money when your
currency is stronger. Very Happy

I'm currently living in Japan, so I've had a good play with the G1 (a few times) Very Happy
The cheapest price at the moment is around 65,000 yen with the 14-45mm lens, and 87,000yen with the two lens kit(14-45mm & 45-200mm).
The main problem with the Japanese domestic model, is that it is Japanese language only on the menu. (no facility to change to English)

The camera itself is quite small, but only a bit smaller than the Olympus E-410/E-420 DSLRs. However, the lens is very small !!

You can remove the lens of course, and you can see exactly how close the sensor is to the lens mount. One thing to note, unlike DSLRs which are protected by the mirror and a large flange distance, I'd say that a careless user could easily touch (and put finger prints on) the sensor, or even damage it.

Oh, and in compensation for no real viewfinder, the Electronic Viewfinder is a high resolution gem. It's actually hard to tell it's a tiny LCD display. (but it's still not a real viewfinder Wink )

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manual focus works surprisingly well with the kit lens - the electronic viewfinder automatically magnifies a small part of the image so you can see what you're doing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am located in Hong Kong and i have seen this G1 ...

I like the Micro4/3 concept, but the G1 itself is not attractive enough.
I think it is not small enough to compete with a Canon G10, it is barely smaller than the Pentax K2000.

Hopefully the next generations camera bodies will be nicer.