Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sakar 28mm MC Macro f2.8 N-AI - A Suprising Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Sakar 28mm MC Macro f2.8 N-AI - A Suprising Lens Reply with quote

This Sakar 28mm MC Macro f2.8 N-AI lens is part of 6 lenses as is for parts pacakge. It was covered with dirty dusts. After some cleaning, it came out with quite a beauty. I ran some tests with my Yashica YUS 28mm f2.8, and it beats Yashica on resolution, satuation and CA easily. It is quite similar to the famous Nikon 28mm f2.8 http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/28f28ais.htm.

This lens is very sharp with some CA at the edge, but the CA can be remedied by Lightroom. I even brought this along with Canon 5D Mark II to my recent Cancun trip.

#12 Wide open test f2.8

#13 Wide open test f2.8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice series.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find! Handsome lens too.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks VG results but I've never heard of Sakar in the UK so it might be a distributor, well if we knew who made the lens it would give us added info to judge the lens from our own collection or use databases.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

+1
I d'on't know if the first three picture are shoots where you live but looks like a great place!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those three were taken in my recent vacation at Cancun, Mexco, a rellay beautiful beach place.

pich900 wrote:
Attila wrote:

+1
I d'on't know if the first three picture are shoots where you live but looks like a great place!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent shots, what a surprise lens! Many thanks for sharing your results Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admittedly, my eyes don't work well in the morning, but these aren't appearing all that sharp to me; am I wrong? The first two images are beautiful.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look very sharp to me, have you clicked to see at the larger size?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series!

Is it made by Tokina?
Looks extemly similar but not identical to my Tokina RMC 28mm F2.8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The diamond usually indicates that the lens is Cimko made, but I can't find a matching model...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ensinor and Osawa have a diamond, but there are similarities to my Ensinor 24mm (haven't got the 28mm).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results!

My fave is probably #6, looks like something from a resort's glossy brochure, makes you want to be there.