Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

s2a fisheye
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: s2a fisheye Reply with quote

Once I had an sqai body and was angry it had between lens leaf shutter because I couldn't make some magic tricks with third party lenses. (Un)fortunately my sqai camera met concrete one day and stopped firing the shutter. This forced me to but a new body. I started to look for another bronica, but I wanted it to be the focal plane model. I purchased EC, but quickly sold it as it looked like a poorly designed tank. Then I bought s2a with zenzanon 80/2,4 and nikkor-h 50/3,5 lenses. I was now happy I could made my kiev88 arsat fish-eye lens to work with s2a. I decided to put it onto large bayonet, because of flange distance. Kiev's is approx 82mm, s2a on large bayonet 88mm. I had to change the bayonet and shorten the barrel of the lens to make it focus at infinity.

After two weeks of work, few sleepless nights I made it. Here it comes
The Fisheye For S2A:

Aperture is manual, but I work on auto mechanism Smile

Sonnar 180/2,8 is waiting to be the next lens made to work with s2a, this time on small bayonet, because I want it to be ready for bellows works Wink

Last edited by MarcinS on Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent job, by the looks of it. So when do we get to see some pics?

Is this a round fish-eye or "full-frame" fisheye?

Also, I was curious to read you didn't like your EC. I used to own an EC-TL and I loved that camera. Mine was built very solid, I felt, and I thought that it was better made than the S2a. Just goes to show, I suppose. At any rate, it's cool to read about custom fabrications being done for the old Bronicas. They were -- and still are -- cool old cameras.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Excellent job, by the looks of it. So when do we get to see some pics?

Is this a round fish-eye or "full-frame" fisheye?

Also, I was curious to read you didn't like your EC. I used to own an EC-TL and I loved that camera. Mine was built very solid, I felt, and I thought that it was better made than the S2a. Just goes to show, I suppose. At any rate, it's cool to read about custom fabrications being done for the old Bronicas. They were -- and still are -- cool old cameras.

It's a diagonal fisheye, not circular.
I didin't like ec because of its shape, look and problems with split mirror, I needed to adjust it too often as I had seen two images in upper part of viewfinder.,
S2a is beautiful, has chromes and looks like a dream. Beside it has no electronics at all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
So when do we get to see some pics?

Here it is,I forgot to show Wink
https://flickr.com/photos/czarnobialykwadrat/4985461305/