Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

S-M-C Takumar 50/1.4 distance scale problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: S-M-C Takumar 50/1.4 distance scale problem Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I am new here (as a registered user) but I have been following this forum for a while, which led me to purchases of some manual lenses.

I recently acquired a S-M-C tak 50/1.4 and while I really like this lens, the distance scale stopped working after only a few weeks of using it.

The lens itself is in good condition, no fungus, oil on blades or anything. But now when I focus the distance scale doesn't move at all, and I hear a crackling sound inside. The lens still works as it should, focuses fine and the aperture rings works nicely as well.

It took me quite some time to get this lens, and I payed $160 with shipping for it, I like it a lot but it saddens me a lot that something on it failed so quickly .

Is there anyone who had similar experience with a lens and could help me in any way...?

Also, I dont need the scale meter really as I bought it for portraits and close range shooting, but If this problem will mess the lens altogether eventually then there is something to get worried about...

Any help on the matter is much appreciated.

Thanks,

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Can you give us your first name or even better change your nick to something normal ? NothingMan sound is pretty strange.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and thanks for the welcome,

This is the first time I heard that someone suggested I change my nick, no offense but how would you feel If I told you to change your nick as I dont believe in myths? Wink

Besides, Its a song by Pearl Jam and it actually makes sense if you ever get round to listen to it Wink.

My name is Irvin, and as you can see Im from Bosnia (a place where EF lenses are a big luxury and very expensive) and I recently fell in love with manual lenses. But I ran into problems almost immediately Sad.

I aquired Helios 44-2, 44-3, pentacon mc 29/2.8, Aus Jena DDR 50/2., S-M-C tal 50 1.4 which I like the most, but like I mentioned I have a problem with it Sad.

So any help on this regard would be much appreciated,

EDIT: I found the solution for my problem.

Thanks,

Irvin