Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

S-M-C and Super Takumar 50mm f1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones! I like #1 portrait very much!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And one from me, wide open:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attlia!

yalcinaydin, the takumar just glows when wide open!

A candid shot.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More wide open

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% crop, look at the detail level! this one isn't new so I don't remember the aperture value right now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yalcinaydin/2898785875/sizes/o/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's sunbleaching at this very moment. Today's is the 1st session under the Spanish sun of June. I hope this is the most effective moment of the year for this kind of work.

As you can see, besides covering the font lens for reflecting sun rays, I tried to cover as much body surface as possible, as these days' temperatures and sunlight are so strong that I try to avoid as much overheating as possible.

My only worry is regarding diaphragm blades lubrication and whether they could be affecting by being under such a strong sun.

The "clumsy" aluminium foil covering allows for a perfect setting to point the sun as straight as possible.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikel wrote:
My only worry is regarding diaphragm blades lubrication and whether they could be affecting by being under such a strong sun.

You could disassemble the lens, remove the yellow glass and leave it alone in the sun. The bleaching is also faster because the sunlight is not filtered by the other glass elements.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I'm not brave enough to perform an operation of such a kind...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikel, please let us know the comparasin before/after. I would like how is the effectiveness. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djmike, I didn't take a photo of before (so I can't be in a position to document the process), but all I can say is that it worked very well: after 5-6 sessions of aprox. 4 hours the lens was fully bleached. All must be said: the yellowing was very subtle, aproximately affecting half a stop of EV. (maybe SMC's, being the newest among Taks, are the lest affected by yellowing).

What surely helped is the fact that the summer solstice of June is the best time of the year for taking advantage of the sun's UV radiation in the northern hemisphere.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have 2 Tak, they were similar yellow at the beginning.

After using my UV LED device (see in another thread), i got the following pics...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is obvious which one was taken with the more yellow-ish Tak and which with the UV-treated Tak.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: a pic of the UV Led device ... Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice solution, especially to use LEDs. LED's don't get warm like the sun does Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Nice solution, especially to use LEDs. LED's don't get warm like the sun does Smile

hmmmm .... you are wrong ... my LEDs do get HOT!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great example of Tak UV-test. Mikel/HK300, Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3590/3792422823_f1ca748d86.jp[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test shots with my new toy Super-Takumar 1.4

above one is with Jupiter-9 2/85

Photos taken by manual lenses, my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/32114877@N02/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice lens!!

Excelents pics too.

Anybody knows a takumar 1,4/50 l/mm test in the net??

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Very nice lens!!

Excelents pics too.

Anybody knows a takumar 1,4/50 l/mm test in the net??

I know of 2 shootouts of various 50s:
http://www.pbase.com/carpents/nls
http://www.pbase.com/gummiebear/50mm_f14_shoot_out

and of a respected photographer ( Mike Johnston, publisher of 'The Online Photographer ) who calls it his favorite lens: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/columns/sm-02-11-24.shtml

btw. I just renamed the thread from 'Super Takumar 50mm f1.4' which I had featured in my original post to 'S-M-C and Super Takumar 50mm f1.4' because later many samples taken with the S-M-C had followed. ( and I just noticed that I had posted too big photos, sorry for that )

Since I had received the S-M-C I hardly used the Super Tak because I preferred the pic taken with the S-M-C, but I am quite certain that one can not generalize the S-M-C being the better lens, very likely it is my copies - the Super Tak had some fungus which later was cleaned, the S-M-C is more yellow which I like!

S-M-C 50/1.4:

( many more in a set dedicated to photos taken with this lens: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kuuan/sets/72157605746644529/ )

best greetings,
andreas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andreas, very much. Very usefull linx.

Rino.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys....I'm a Takumar newbie (just picked up a Super-Tak 50mm for next to nothing at a rummage sale Cool Cool )

Everything is immaculate...except there's no lens cover. (It was rapped up in a box). Anyone know where I can pick up a front cover?

Love the lens! Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks,
Matt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeritOlam wrote:
Hey guys....I'm a Takumar newbie (just picked up a Super-Tak 50mm for next to nothing at a rummage sale Cool Cool )

Everything is immaculate...except there's no lens cover. (It was rapped up in a box). Anyone know where I can pick up a front cover?

Love the lens! Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks,
Matt

congrats, this is a great lens.
the original metal cap you may or may not find offered on ebay, but any 49mm cap will do

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dincsal wrote:
Test shots with my new toy Super-Takumar 1.4

I love this tone. What camera you use?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
the original metal cap you may or may not find offered on ebay, but any 49mm cap will do

That's what I needed to know. Wasn't sure if I needed a special 49mm cap. Thanks, kuuan! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy