Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Russian m39 to eos?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
tomasg wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
My Tair 11 133mm also does not reach infinity, not even stopped down to F8. Just bokeh shots for it then it can go no further into the mount. Unless back part of the lens with the m39 screw can be replaced by a part with a m42 screw that brings the lens 0.25 mm closer to the sensor.

The Tair 11, Helios 40, Helios 44-2, Jupiter 6, Mir 1, all have an adjustment shim for infinity, this can be filed down so they ll reach infinity, but i warn you after this the various marking on the lens won t be alligned anymore (thought this can be corrected also).

Is there a tutorial somewhere? It seems to me the markings are already off because the lens is being used on slightly longer flange distance. So infinity is really 25 meters. It would just make the lens focus past infinity in an old m39 body. (which I won't be doing anyway).

Sure there is Smile

http://forum.mflenses.com/tair-11-cla-tutorial-t76571.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
tomasg wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
My Tair 11 133mm also does not reach infinity, not even stopped down to F8. Just bokeh shots for it then it can go no further into the mount. Unless back part of the lens with the m39 screw can be replaced by a part with a m42 screw that brings the lens 0.25 mm closer to the sensor.

The Tair 11, Helios 40, Helios 44-2, Jupiter 6, Mir 1, all have an adjustment shim for infinity, this can be filed down so they ll reach infinity, but i warn you after this the various marking on the lens won t be alligned anymore (thought this can be corrected also).

Is there a tutorial somewhere? It seems to me the markings are already off because the lens is being used on slightly longer flange distance. So infinity is really 25 meters. It would just make the lens focus past infinity in an old m39 body. (which I won't be doing anyway).

Sure there is Smile

http://forum.mflenses.com/tair-11-cla-tutorial-t76571.html

I saw that one but it doesn't really tell me how to shorten the lens distance from the sensor.

In this pic:

Which one is the shim ring? The black one or the silver one?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shim it s the "silver" ring on the right, it s not screwed in or anything. I have a suggestion and a small warning, first of all from the question i guess you never opened a lens before so think twice before doing it. If you do it do not follow the tutorial instead remove the focusing ring and the aperture ring, then you have to remove the screw that you ll find under that ring (seen in the pic) that fixes the rear part of the lens with the front one, once you get to the shim remove it, put back the focusing/rear part of the lens but turn it just a bit, do not tighten it all the way, mount it on the camera and by looking in the viewfinder or the back screen with LV see if you ll reach infinity as you now tighten the front part of the lens, sometimes removing the shim is not enough although if yuor lens focuses to 25 m you should be able to get infinity once you file the shim.. Do this before you start to file the shim which it s not an easy thing to do, at least you need a good caliper. I warn you the recession/depression for the screw that keeps the back part in place won t allign anymore after you file the shim, meaning that you ll have to drill a new one! Also all the front part of the lens will now be turned, how much depends on how much you have to file the shim.

If think it s better if you post any answer/question in the tutorial, so we don t hijack this thread.

Tomas