Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RuGift warning
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: RuGift warning Reply with quote

I have had some serious trouble dealing with RuGift. If anyone even consider buying from them, I advice to be careful.

I bought 16/3-2008 :
1 $195.00 USD RUGIFT-3106 MC Mir 47M 2,5/20 Lens
1 $379.00 USD RUGIFT-24 Peleng 8mm f3.5 Fisheye M42 Lens

Nothing was ever delivered and e-mail answers was useless.

Today I got my money back after pressing charges through Danish police, after mailing again and again.

EDIT: To be complete fair against RuGift, I feel I need to tell the "story" in details. Then people can desite for them self.

16/3: 2 Lenses bought, Mir 47M and Peleng 8mm
16/3: Same day money are being withdrawn from my credit cart, and order status are already marked Shipped.
1/4: I ask for a order status and a tracking number.
3/4: I am told that the MIR is out of stock...?? (note that I have paid on the 16/3 and status was shipped) I am also told that the Peleng was shipped "one week ago from Atlanta"
Same day I write that they must have drawn the money from my card "by mistake" and ask them to sort this matter right away. I ask for the 2. time about tracking number.
13/4: Mail from RuGift confirming, that they will pay my money back for the MIR. Still no tracking number.
Same day I answer and for the 3. time ask for tracking number. Now I also write that I am beginning to worried. I ask them to get back to me right away. They never do.
17/4: I write -Still no Peleng, and still no tracking number from you. I would like to see some documentation about the shipment. Where was it send from, when was it shipped, tracking number and so on.
I can not believe why you are being so passive in this matter, this is the 4. time I have asked for these informations, and you just keep on ignoring my questions. I also write that I will opene a case, together with the credit card company unless I get some documentation.
20/4: Answer from RuGiff: I'm very sorry for long delay in reply.
I was on business trip for some days and couldn't reply in time.
Lens was shipped long time ago.
And most of the parcels were received.
Please wait for few more days.
It was shipped by our partner from the USA.
Still not tracking number.
Same day I opened a case and reportet to Danish Police.
27/4: Mail from Rugift -Have you received the lens? Or shall we start the investigation at the post-office?
Still no tracking number.
28/4: I write- Still no Peleng, and still no documentation from you.
I strongly recommend you to pay back 419US$ right away. I have
opened a case, together with the credit card company as I wrote th.17 April.
I have made this step because you fail to provide any documentation about shipment.
15/6: I finally get my mouny back.

Last edited by lahnet on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, this is bad news for the whole movement. THanks Lahnet. I thought an established shop like Rugift was reliable.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it ! This is pretty bad news!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a shame - hope they're not going down the drain. I was looking forward to buying something from them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Within a few days google will present this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a Zenitar 16mm on 25/04/08 and it arrived okay but took about 5 weeks to get here, I did e-mail them and got an answer within a day, and found them to be very helpful, as luck would have it the lens arrived the next day so I hope your experience was a one off as I have a Jupiter 9 on order.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid this could be the Post service from Russia. I have been waiting for a delivery for over 5 weeks now. Every day the seller send me a mail to see if I got it. At the same time I shipped a camera to St Petersberg 6 weeks ago. The USPS delivered it to the russian post service after 12 days. The buyer still had nothing as of last friday. Confused It still does not excuse bad communication but, probably these guys are getting a lot of emails about slow delivery. They must get tired of being caught in the middle. Again it is inexcusable to not respond.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I not agree about Russian Postal service, I ordered a couple of lenses without any problem. I have same good experience with Russian postal service than with any others. Some customs can be sit on packages for weeks like Italian customs really awful. Hungarian Customs mostly works super fast, except now Sad when I wait for Andy's camera.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Lahnet. I was going to use Rugift a couple of weeks ago when I decided to buy a Zenitar-N. In the event I went to "moscowStore" which is an ebay shop selling a variety of memorabilia. I ordered it on 11 June, it was posted on 18 June and it arrived yesterday.
Unfortunately moscow Store doesn't have many lenses and I want a couple of other things. Does anyone have any experience of Kremlin Optic ? (Sorry if there's a thread on this - I'll have a look).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT added to fist post.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Henrik.
Very horrible story and for sure I will never buy anything from Rugift.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly shows they are liar, and they never sent to you anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Jupiter 9 arrived safely today again took about 5 weeks much the same as the last order, so I can say that although they are slow I have had no problems dealing with RUGift at all. Just my experience others may not have been as lucky.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly slowness is not seller fault, customs in many countries sits long time on packages.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed I always had to wait at least 4 weeks for any parcels from Russia, Ukraine and Belarus are much quicker in my experience, as Attila says most likely to be the customs, heard really bad stories about Italy for example.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered two lenses from them over different periods of time.
Always got the lenses within 7 weeks. Very friendly customer support also. So no complaints from my side.