Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rolleinar 21/4 QUICK TEST/ Eos 5D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Rolleinar 21/4 QUICK TEST/ Eos 5D Reply with quote

Well. Rollein adapter finally arrived and I was able to try out the lens. At first I not found correct focus , and then I noticed that the adapter is apparently too thick. The lens to infinity only the specified aperture 16. I tried, however, and very good photos of it comes when you take into account f 16 which is the smallest hole. Sharpness and colors are OK, and no vignetting at all. The photos are straight from the camera without processing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really nice especially for f16. is there some way you can grind down the adapter?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice, colors look great and distortion seems quite good

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
really nice especially for f16. is there some way you can grind down the adapter?

A better question: is there a way to adjust infinity focus on the lens?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps, but i think one would rather physically alter a cheap adapter than an expensive lens--at least i would. ive altered a couple in similar situations and it has worked out ok.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhamB wrote:
rbelyell wrote:

A better question: is there a way to adjust infinity focus on the lens?

+1
All Rollei lenses won't get infinity in Canon EOS with adapter available on market. AFAIK.
Adjusting focus is easy. Just unscrew the the one on focusing ring, and make adjustment.
I did it with my CZ HFT Planar. just took 5 minutes. No harm to lens

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice colors and contrast!
3Dness also, see the 2nd picture with the those 3 red flowers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"All Rollei lenses won't get infinity in Canon EOS with adapter available on market. AFAIK.
Adjusting focus is easy. Just unscrew the the one on focusing ring, and make adjustment.
I did it with my CZ HFT Planar. just took 5 minutes. No harm to lens"

Can you tell me more about IAZA of these adapters can be purchased and how it works in practice. I thought that the adapter could be reached to hone thinner, but it can be difficult and haphazard.

I measured adapter and it was 0.67 mm, 0.07 is too thick. Brass is easy to hone at the right measure , but of course have opportunity to fail.

Last edited by muddus on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muddus wrote:
"All Rollei lenses won't get infinity in Canon EOS with adapter available on market. AFAIK.
I did it with my CZ HFT Planar. just took 5 minutes. No harm to lens"

Can you tell me more about IAZA of these adapters can be purchased and how it works in practice. I thought that the adapter could be reached to hone thinner, but it can be difficult and haphazard.

I measured adapter and it was 0.67 mm, 0.07 is too thick. Brass is easy to sand at the right meter, but of course have opportunity to fail.

It's just as simple as I said.
Just unscrew the the screws on focusing ring, and make adjustment.
then screw it again. Can you find screws on focusing ring? If there's no screw, maybe different design, I don't know your lens

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iaza thats great information, thank you!

that last picture has just amazing iq.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Japan made Mamiya lens , here
is not the screws which adjust the focus. I'm trying to hone adapter and try gently that i can find correct thickness