Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rollei SL-Xenon 50mm F1.8 (Schneider-Kreuznach)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Rollei SL-Xenon 50mm F1.8 (Schneider-Kreuznach) Reply with quote

All at f1.8

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pictures looks great, the bokeh is sooo pleasing and the transition from focus to defocus is super smooth!

Now I also want one! Razz

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought one for a ridiculously low price.
It looks a bit battered, I hope it will deliver results like these anyway.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna see some full frame results! Cool

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All @F1.8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, this excellent lens can't be used with full frame digital Canons. The back of the lens is protruding through adapter and blocking the mirror.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulius wrote:
Unfortunately, this excellent lens can't be used with full frame digital Canons. The back of the lens is protruding through adapter and blocking the mirror.

Not true. Works just fine on my Canon 6D. And i do confirm, results are surprisingly excellent.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jvg wrote:
Paulius wrote:

Not true. Works just fine on my Canon 6D. And i do confirm, results are surprisingly excellent.

Possibly difference between QBM and rare M42 version?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Jvg wrote:
Paulius wrote:

Well (as title says) Rollei SL implies QBM not M42, and i meant to confirm that SL/QBM version works just fine.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jvg wrote:
Pancolart wrote:
Jvg wrote:
Paulius wrote:

Well (as title says) Rollei SL implies QBM not M42, and i meant to confirm that SL/QBM version works just fine.

Title does not mention mount. Lens does exists in M42 native mount: http://m42lens.com/m42-lens-database/1108-schneider-kreuznach-rollei-sl-xenon-50mm-f-1-8-16
Quite hard to find though. None i could on Ebay at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

Title does not mention mount.

Yes it does - and it says so in the part where "Rollei SL" is written. This particular lens (full name) Schneider-Kreuznach Rollei SL Xenon 50mm F/1.8 lens was made as a cheaper alternative to Zeiss lenses for Rolleiflex SL35 cameras, and the lens mount is Rollei SL a.k.a Rollei QBM (quick bayonet mount).

Edit:
And i'm sure the M42 version of this lens would be labeled as Schneider-Kreuznach Praktica Xenon 50mm F/1.8. From personal experience, for Schneider (and Schacht) adding the lens mount identifier into the lens's nameplate was quite common practice at that time, for instance retina, praktica, rollei sl etc.. This would designate the camera mounts the lenses were made for.

Last edited by Jvg on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:51 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good images, Pancolart! Unfortunately, mine went missing it seems...
My version is in qbm mount

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
Good images, Pancolart! Unfortunately, mine went missing it seems...
My version is in qbm mount

Thank you. Do you still have your photos? Would you re-post them please.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great samples from a superb lens.
I ignored the existence of an m42 version, it must be rare.

Some images from mine:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oxmjfQ]
DSC03427[/url] by A_Anything, on Flickr

DSC02651 by A_Anything, on Flickr

Citta della Pieve (PG) - Palio dei Terzieri by A_Anything, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jvg wrote:

Edit:
And i'm sure the M42 version of this lens would be labeled as Schneider-Kreuznach Praktica Xenon 50mm F/1.8. From personal experience, for Schneider (and Schacht) adding the lens mount identifier into the lens's nameplate was quite common practice at that time, for instance retina, praktica, rollei sl etc.. This would designate the camera mounts the lenses were made for.

I have a 1967 Xenon in M42 which is not labelled for Praktica. Although I believe they were still labeling them for Edixa at the time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
Jvg wrote:

Edit:

I have a 1967 Xenon in M42 which is not labelled for Praktica. Although I believe they were still labeling them for Edixa at the time.

This story can be applied in a way also to Rollei SL Xenon M42: http://forum.mflenses.com/rollei-50mm-f-18-sl-planar-with-m42-mount-t56769.html

I really like this one Aanything, thanks for sharing:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

I really like this one Aanything

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Nerdmeister (Wolfram) permission.
Direct Links:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nerdmeister/13167157593/sizes/l/in/photostream/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nerdmeister/15857733236/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nerdmeister/15697783897/