Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rollei Planar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Rollei Planar Reply with quote

What do think about a Rollei Planar 1.8/50 HFT?
Any good?

How much would you pay for it in very good condition?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I told you, HTF is a good sign, it means that the lens was either made by Zeiss directly, or by a Zeiss licensee.

I don't know specifically about this lens model, so I can not tell.

One thing I would look for, does it have a Rollei bayonet mount or a M42 mount.

The closes comparison term is the Carl Zeiss PLanar 1.7/50 for the Contax line, which is a lens that averages 90-100 Euros on Ebay, with the mint condition samples sometimes reaching the 110-120 Euros, and the less perfect ones going for 70-80 Euros.
Ebay shops, however, rate it higher (at around 150 Euros) but in fact, I monitor them, and they never sell them.
Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one I could get has a Rollei mount, but there are Rollei-EOS-adapters.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, have good luck with getting it!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate. I will see what I can do.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rollei mount lenses are most difficult to mount on EOS. I bought one 50/1,8 HFT lens for $20, and that never able to achieve infinity focus. Sold for $20.

I will try to avoid this line up, but that doesnt mean the lens are not good...

Another point, intial HFT lenses are from German factories, those are great. People say, avoid Singapore manufactured. Those are less than average...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Ballu. I will see what the price tag says and then decide.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty bad news I didn't know that I thought there is no difficulties. At least you able to mount I didn't find any adapters for Olympus. Is anybody know Olympus-Rollei adapter available on the market ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the chance to look at such a lens at a local dealer.
It looks kinda sexy. But does is offer anything I do not have?
I guess not.
The seller, quite a honest guy, told me, it was a solid lens, rather well built, and a very good but not a stellar performer.

Lenses like that, I have several...

Looks like I won't buy it.