Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rollei HFT Planar access to front optics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Rollei HFT Planar access to front optics Reply with quote

First of all, hello. I've been reading this forum for half year and so far I found answer to every question... Until now.

I acquired a Rollei Planar 50mm 1.8, a very nice lens which unfortunately has fungus behind front element. There are several topics on disassembly of the lens, but neither goes far enough to cover access to the front of the lens. The back element has notches for a wrench, but the front one has none. The retaining ring apears to be glued although I might be wrong. Anyone succeeded at this?

I have the lens disassembled. The barrel with optics feels solid. I hate it that it has to lay like that. The fungus is beautiful on the other hand. Looks like frost Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rhalf, did you manage to clean the fungus? I unscrewed the front name plate, but don't see how to go further... any ideas? Thanks in advance!