Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rollei 21/4 Canon EOS 5D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Rollei 21/4 Canon EOS 5D Reply with quote

Now offered Rollei 21 / 4 lens. How does this work Eos 5D body. The price would be about 230eur. Lens is brand new and fully mint.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea about mirror issue, rollei made good lenses and this price is pretty low for a well known rare wide lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your help Attila

Need to find out how to act 5D. The seller has used the 20D body, with no problems several Rollei lenses.

Here are a few picture which also shows the rear of the structure.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rollei-SL-Rolleinar-MC-4-21mm-7902607-/160559316796?pt=Film_Cameras&hash=item256214bf3c#ht_2772wt_1135

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty normal , not goes into deeper into body.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a picture of the lens eos adapter. Does not go very deep into the body.

Good thing!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, take this lens without hesitation , if something go wrong you able to sell it easily to crop camera owners.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small risks must be taken .....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muddus wrote:
I got a picture of the lens eos adapter. Does not go very deep into the body.

Good thing!

The lens shown was not focused at infinity. Ask the seller take a photo when the lens is focus at infinity if you can.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
The lens shown was not focused at infinity. Ask the seller take a photo when the lens is focus at infinity if you can.

+1. It looks like it was focused at minimum distance in the picture.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the same myself, and I asked about the picture.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a couple of pages with stories and pictures with Rollei. 17-40, this comparison is funny because the L-series is a lousy on FF-sensor camera. lens is ok for 5D.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/246661

http://www.deryabino.ru/Lenses/Rollei_21-4/Rollei_21-4.htm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't trust that comparison as it looks like the 17-40 is seriously broken.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

17-40 of these lenses have been a lot of quality problems. I photographed one, and it was amazingly soft from all corners. My Tamron 17-35 was much better and it was nice to shoot and cost 1 / 3 EF. These Eos 5D.

Well, lets see how the Rollei is in the Canon. I have a Distagon 35 and it's really close to the mirror. Rollein glass does not rise from the adapter.
Adapter had to be ordered from China and comes in two weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased a 21mm f/4 in very good condition.

Of course, I want to use it on my EOS 5D2, and on a Leica M.

Finding an adapter for QBM lenses on EOS is not a big deal.

Finding one that really allows focussing to infinity seems to be a problem though all ebay dealers swear their adapters allow infinity focussing... their buyers often say different things. Are there any adapters that are reasonably priced but do the job?

Finding an adapter to use this nice lens on a Leica M is literally impossible, I will have to stack adapters but don't find one that puts EOS mount lenses on M bodies, only vice versa (without focussing to infinity, pretty useless).

If it were possible to convert this lens to Nikon AI mount that would be great. I have a very good Novoflex adapters to use Nikon lenses on EOS and one that puts Nikon lenses on Leica M cameras.

Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations. The lens is very good, but the problem with the adapter just makes it a little complicated to build Eos. I had honed adapter for more than half off and still it was a little thick. Thickness was under 0.5 mm, and it was really loose and I found no accurate measurement so I left it. A couple of drops of glue to keep the adapter attached to the lens and works well f 8-16 but larger apertures background is a little soft.

Rollei is very sharp throughout the image area and Vignetting is very low. Also the colors are really bright and strong.
the only minus is its undulate horizon which which I do not know how to fix any software

"Best 3d effect lenses...suggestion?"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice