Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rokkor MC PF 135 f2.8 infinity problem?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Rokkor MC PF 135 f2.8 infinity problem? Reply with quote

i have an old rokkor 135 pf mc 2.8. with all the discussions on rokkor i got this rokkor out of the storage box. i have not been using this because the images i get from it have a kind of a haze quality. i first thought that it was a fungus or similar problem. yesterday i cleaned the lens element using lighter fluid. the front element is quite easy to remove and once removed you could reach all the way to the back lens after the aperture part. so everything is clean but i am still getting this type of pictures:

you get the hazy effect from f2.8 to around f5.6. actually the lens is kind of usable from f11 and upwards. anything larger than f11 is hazy. and at f11 the images are not sharp just recognizable.
i also suspect that it is an infinity issue but this lens has not been tampered with except for the cleaning part. when i replaced the lens elements everything was tight so i am sure that i did not repalce the lens elements improperly.

i saw some other users using this same lens with good output.
anyone wants to share their insights on this problem? it is a cheap lens but i just want to be able to use it.
by the way the md-nex adapter is fine. i use it on my other rokkor 58 with good results.
thanks

by the way it took me more than 2x to get pass the spam prevention in the registration page. did not see the word AF on the nikkor lens. but then what would you classify the lens with the front image?

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/8328972226

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! These are great lenses worth to visit an expert and give to him to fix it , inexpensive today it made by a well respected factory and a good lens for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you attila

this photography is just a side hobby for me at the moment. not worth the effort to have an old lens cleaned if the cost is sometimes more that it would cost to get another used one.

i just wanted to see if other people here have had the same problem with this type of lens.

thanks again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

First you have to make sure the lens is assembled correctly. If possible, using an optical scheme diagram from the internet so that you know all the elements are in the right place and the right way round, with all the spacers in the right places also. Next thing I look for is the edges of the elements, which are invariably painted black. This paint very often comes off and I then apply black marker pen to the edges. This can very often cure a lack of contrast/haziness.

Hope this helps.