Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rodenstock - Trinar 80mm f 2.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Rodenstock - Trinar 80mm f 2.9 Reply with quote

Just for fun.

And what it does. all at F2.9

Kjell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great fun! Wink Excellent picures, That's a nice lens conversion.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 105mm Trinar in 6x9 folder I found it to excellent lens even on tough long distance shoots.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, this is a low cost alternative to the Meyer Trioplan !

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Hey, this is a low cost alternative to the Meyer Trioplan !

Yes! +1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
I really like reading the forum posts here. There's always something inspiring. And yes, I did read the posts
about the trioplan and liked the images. And I've read good things about rodenstock, so when this came up I grabbed it.
Still there's a learning curve to it. Right now I'm waiting for the sun comming out after a rain....
In the meantime.

Kjell

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch this lens get expensive now....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be quite sharp too. This is at 5.6ish

and a crop,

I even like the colours and mostly don't need to PP. So much fun for so little input. I did notice though
that I like the results best when using the lens at it's infinity setting and then focusing with the helicoid.

Kjell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might them lack a little of contrast?.

Have you added a cardboard baffle inside the adapter to remove parasitic lightiing on the sensor?.
It uses to improve contrast a lot with such kind of lenses on 4/3 and u4/3 size sensors, (not so much on APS-C sensors).

An example on a 4/3 adapter. (On u4/3 is the same)

Otherwise, the mount is really fine and sharpness very good.

Nice to see such adaptations.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you're right. it isn't the most high contrast lens. If it is a baffle thats needed or not I don't know. I will try it, since you mentioned it. Still I like the lower contrast. Normally I always pull upp the shadows to get something similar to what I saw. With this one less so.
I'm still surprised it performs so well. The whole project was intended as 'a little fun' but turned out to be a lot more.