Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Robot Xenon 40mm f1.9 Schneider-Kreuznach
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Robot Xenon 40mm f1.9 Schneider-Kreuznach Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent sharp lens!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I snagged me a Schneider Robot-Xenon 40mm/1.9. I think I may have found the best performing lens for my Sony A7 so far. I glued it (non-destructive) to an LM-to-E-mount focusing helicoid. Now focuses down to less than 0.3m. This lens (as folks here know) has--count 'em--15 aperture blades! Very smooth focus, solid aperture clicks and very well-built. I'm finding that 40-40mm is a great focal length for normal focal length 24x36mm photography. Focusing is not as critical and it's more forgiving, yet not distorted like a wider-angle lens. Still good for portraits. I'm wondering if lenses that have a closer flange distance to the film/sensor have a definite advantage? I did some sharpness tests on tripod against several lenses, including a Canon FDn 85mm/1.2 L (I know. Wrong focal length.), a Canon FDn 50mm/1.4 and a Rodenstock Heligon 50mm/1.9 (actually 47mm). The Xenon was at least as sharp although magnified compared to the others. I'm looking forward to finding out if it has similar 3D pop compared to my Summicron-R 50mm.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(What I meant to post before.)

This has become my main walk-around lens since I converted it. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) the Robot Star doesn't work. Results certainly impress me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the first test photos with the Schneider-Kreuznach Robot-Xenon 40mm/1.9, on Sony A7.