Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RO71-1 18mm/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: RO71-1 18mm/2.8 Reply with quote

Hello,

I tested today this soviet wide angle cine lens made 1960. Naturely, it does not cover 24x36, but it's ok on APS-C (only little black corners). So I used the Nex-3.
Glowing might be result of the condition of my particular exemplar (not in great shape).
Still I find it good for a 18mm from 1960!

I like the look of this lens (personnal tastes Smile ) . I adapted it with a body of an Industar-69.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results seem nice enough, the rendering looks smooth and colour seems to have some pop, ergonomics look a bit less than ideal. Lol.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I really like #1 and #2. The cyclist looks at your strange combo! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got this lens in Oct19 mount, haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet, but the images look great!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for comments!
jjphoto93, It was also in OST19 mount, but I removed the optical block from the body in order to adapt it (easier). Do you have a photo of your lens?