Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMS Threads to M42 Adapters: Caution
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject: RMS Threads to M42 Adapters: Caution Reply with quote

I thought that RMS was widely understood to be the thread and diameter for most microscope objectives and some legacy macro lenses such as some Photars and others.

Having ordered one, I found, on arrival, it was for M25 to M42. The M25 was a more recent standard of RMS than the original, to fit larger objectives.

I have now ordered this from RafCamera on Ebay:

RMS female to M42x1 male thread adapter, cone.

It has the advantage of a cone, the taper of which will make framing and lighting the subject easier.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMS is 0.8" x 36tpi there are no variants. RMS is an ISO specification. There are one or two proprietary threads M25x0.75mm (M25) is one of them. I would send the adapter back as M25 is NOT RMS

A supplier is selling an 'RMS 25mm adapter'. Not a correct description as you have discovered. I understand the M25 is a Nikon standard.

You can buy adapters allowing you to use RMS objectives on a Nikon CFI instrument (M25).